Todays topic is the new Grandbux site. The new site went live on 26th September 2017 and it is very very different to what was there before. I have spent a bit of time on it and so far I like what I see. Some parts are yet to go live so I will update this post until all parts are included.
What is New?
First of all there are many new features:
- Grandbux is no longer a PTC site and works more like a traffic exchange. That means you view ads to receive credits which you can then use to place your own adverts on the site. Even if you do not have something else to promote however there are benefits to using this exchange feature which I explain under Traffic Exchange below.
- The ad viewing on Grandbux is now completely different to any other site I have seen. The adverts are now referred to as survey ads, though they are not surveys in the sense you have to answer a lot of questions. There are 3 ways to interact with a survey ad:
- Click to view the website being advertised.
- Click the advert itself to view a slideshow and answer a simple question at the end.
- Rate the survey ad
- There are still rented referrals available however these will automatically expire within 48 hours (2 days). Direct referrals will also expire but only after 240 hours (10 days).
- You can now hold an unlimited number of direct referrals.
- Each member at Grandbux will be designated an experience level. The levels start at 0 and go up to 50. There are many benefits associated with the level of experience the member reaches. For example higher level members receive a higher ratio of credits for viewing ads. The member level is also linked to the number of referrals that can be held, the commission amount paid, chances of winning on the grid game and how much experience credit is allocated.
- The level of each member can go up and down depending on activity during each month.
- There is no membership fee. Upgrading of levels depends totally on activity and gaining experience.
- Each survey ad has a single question that must be answered to be rewarded with credits and experience.
- Experience credits are received in multiple ways, including from the activity of referrals.
- Earning is now dependent on the purchase of advertising or completion of micro jobs.
There is also a new home page which now looks like this:
and a new account page which now looks like this:
Viewing Survey Ads
You need to view survey ads and answer the single question to be awarded credit. You will earn both ad credits so you can post your own survey ad, and experience credits which helps you maintain or increase levels.
To view the survey ads you need to click on Earn XP at the top of your page then choose survey ads from the drop down menu. Alternatively you can click on any of the categories on the home page.
To get credit for viewing you need to click the arrow at the side of the survey ad until you reach the question. You need to respond to the question or you will not get credited for the view.
You do not need to visit the actual website to get credit. This is available if you want to check for more information or to join up etc.
You can also click on the stars to rate the survey ad.
Each member has a viewing target which they are required to view to maintain their account level. You can see this on your account page.
Mine currently looks like this:
You can see I have already viewed 36 survey ads and need to view another 114 by Oct 31st to maintain my current level. This is not the target to increase your level!
Post Your Own Survey Ad
When you have earned ad credits, or have money in your purchase balance you can post your own survey ad. To do so click on the Advertise tab at the top of the page.
You then need to click on the Survey Ad box as shown below:
The next page will have a + New Survey button. Click that and you get to the edit page:
You need to click on the preview side to add items such as images, title etc. Then you need to complete the right side with survey name, category etc. The customize survey question is what other site members will respond to and the responses they can choose from. Remember to agree to the terms of service, then click the save survey button. Your Survey Ad is not yet activated.
To activate you need to be on the My Surveys page as shown below. Click the arrow under action to make the survey ad Active. As you can see below I have 1 active survey ad called Clixsense Hints and Tips which shows my last blog post when viewed.
Why post a Survey Ad?
Survey Ads are designed to help you promote something such as a referral link to another website, or a blog etc. However even if you do not have anything you want to promote you should post a survey ad to help you gain experience points. This helps you increase your level and has all the benefits as described above. In other words posting a survey ad helps you to earn more. You can post a photograph or something like that if you do not want to advertise another opportunity or a blog 😉
How to Earn with The New Grandbux?
Earning with the New Grandbux is now done in two ways:
- You are paid commission for any advertising that is purchased by your referrals (either rented or direct referrals). The commission rate depends on your own account level (between 0 and 50). The higher your account level is the more commission you will receive. As purchase of advertising is one of the main ways to increase level and therefore potential earnings your referrals will be much more likely to do this on the new site than before.
- You can also earn from completing micro tasks (which are not yet available but will be very soon).
I am guessing there will be lots of other bonus payments available very soon as well as Grandbux has always been extremely good about providing bonuses to its members!
My Personal Opinion
As I said at the start I do like the new Grandbux site a lot. There are lots of changes, however in my opinion they are very well thought out. Not only will the survey ads provide the advertiser with helpful feedback but they provide a way for the click through rate to be limited to those who are actually interested to view the site. This is a really positive step for advertisers who previously ‘wasted’ credits on views that were purely for earning.
In addition there is an inbuilt motivation for all members to purchase advertising – To do so increases the level and earning potential. In turn the purchase of advertising is the main way to earn from referrals. That is a very nice cycle that should mean more earnings for everyone on the site.
The details of the commission rates have not been released yet and I await those with anticipation. Also the extra features of the new Grandbux will be live very soon.
I do have a couple of … not exactly concerns, more hesitations. I am a bit unsure about the referral expiration times on one hand, but also know that will reduce inactive referrals a lot. I am interested to see how this works in practice. I also would like to know what happens if a direct referral expires and then joins again via another referral link.
Obviously there are other parts to the site not live yet. I will update this post as soon as I can with information on those.
Not a member of Grandbux yet? Click here to sign up on my team 🙂
If you have found this post useful or inspiring please feel free to share it with others. Thanks in advance to those who do share it, I always appreciate your help in reaching a larger audience!